- 6.5 Net Carbs per serving
- 6 Servings
- 45 mins prep time
- 30 to 40 mins cooking time
Bread and Butter Pudding
You really can have a warm dessert that is low carb and tastes banging!
- Low Carb
- 25g Unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 4 Seriously Low Carb Not Cross Buns
- 350ml Milk of your choice (we used whole milk)
- 50ml Double cream
- 2 Large eggs
- 25g Seriously Low Carb Erythritol
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
|Per 100g||Per serving|
|of which saturates||8.1|
|of which sugars||5.7|
|of which polyols||4.8|
- Grease a 1 litre/2 pint pie dish with butter.
- Slice the Seriously Low Carb Not Cross Buns horizontally and butter each half, then cut them in half again, so the buns are in quarters.
- Arrange the bun quarters into the pie dish so that they fill the whole dish.
- Gently warm the milk and cream in a pan to scalding point - the milk should start to form a light froth and you will see small bubbles round the edge of the pan. Do not allow the milk to boil.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add three-quarters of the erythritol and lightly whisk until pale.
- Add the warm milk and cream mixture to the bowl and stir well.
- Pour the custard over the prepared Not Cross Bun pieces, pushing the bun pieces down to help them to soak up some of the custard.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and the remaining Erythritol and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Place the dish into the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the custard has set and the top is golden brown.