Low Carb AsianChickenSalad
- Net Carbs per serving
- 4 serves
- prep time
- cooking time
Quick and easy, and it tastes amazing with a hint of sweetness and some warmth from the chilli. The protein from the chicken also helps to keep you full.
- 800g pre-roasted chicken meat, off the bone.
- 1/4 of a red cabbage
- 1/4 of a white cabbage
- 3 large carrots
- 6 spring onions
- 2 chillis
- Large handful of fresh coriander
- 1 tsp coconut oil
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp hoi sin sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
|Per 100g||Per serving|
|of which saturates||0.7g||3.5g|
|of which sugars||3.2g||15g|
- Mix together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set to one side.
- Pull the chicken apart a little into long, thin strips. Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick pan and add the chicken, stirring occasionally. It's good to get some nice, crispy edges on the chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking, add a grater attachment to a food processor and grate the carrot, red cabbage and white cabbage. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. If you don't have a food processor you can finely slice these ingredients but really, life is too short.
- Finely slice the spring onions, chilli and coriander and add to the mixing bowl.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, add it to the mixing bowl, add the dressing and give everything a good stir.
- Serve straight away. The combination of hot chicken and cold crunchy veggies is just amazing!