This gingerbread recipe is part of our Bake at Home box: Comfort Classics. This is one of our products that we created to help to keep the kids occupied while we're all at home, and to make some comforting treats while we're at it.
We love a low carb recipe... but sadly this isn't one. We're working on it though!
From your bake at home box:
350g Plain flour
1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp Ground ginger
175g Brown sugar
60g Golden syrup
You will also need:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Line 2 large baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- In a small pan, melt together the butter and golden syrup over a low heat. If you snip the corner off the syrup bag and squeeze, the syrup will come out of the bag brilliantly!
- In a large bowl, Stir together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and brown sugar until they’re well combined.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mix and pour in the butter and syrup, and the egg.
- Mix well until all of the ingredients are well combined, then tip out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for a minute or two until smooth.
- Roll out the dough to 7-8mm thick and cut out biscuits using your favourite shapes of cutters.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until just browning round the edges.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet to allow the biscuits to firm up a little, and then transfer them to a wire cooling rack.
Storage: The gingerbread can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 7 days… but we doubt they’ll last that long!
Top Tip: If you want to personalise your gingerbread, try decorating them with dried fruit or some icing.