Recipe: Chocolate Brownies
This chocolate brownie recipe is part of our Bake at Home box: Kids Favourites. This is one of our products that we created to help to keep the kids occupied while we're all at home, and to make some comforting treats while we're at it.
We love a low carb recipe... but sadly this isn't one. We're working on it though!
From your bake at home box:
200g Dark Chocolate
80g Cocoa powder
65g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking powder
360g Caster Sugar
You will also need:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Line a 24cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Pop the chocolate and butter into a large glass bowl and place over a pan of simmering water. Stir it regularly until it’s all melted together. If you prefer, you can also do this in the microwave in 30 second bursts.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and sugar, making sure it’s evenly mixed with no lumps.
- Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mix and stir well.
- Beat the eggs, then milk in until you have a smooth, silky consistency.
- Pour the brownie mix into the baking tin and place in the oven for around 25 minutes. Please don’t overcook your brownies - The brownies should be slightly springy when cooked, with a firm top but still a little gooey in the middle. They will firm up as the cool and the perfect brownie needs that soft, fudgy middle.
- Allow the brownies to fully cool in the baking tray, then carefully transfer them to a large chopping board and cut into chunky squares.
Storage: The brownies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days… but we doubt they’ll last that long!
Top Tip: If you want to personalise your brownies, try adding up to 100g of your favourite dried fruit or nuts to the mix.