Recipe: Low carb waffles
These light, fluffy waffles are made with coconut flour so they are perfect for a breakfast and brunch treat. We love them with thick greek yogurt and a handful of blueberries.
Serves 4 (6 - 10 waffles)
Less than 15 Minutes
10 to 20 minutes
Suitable for vegetarians
- 8 Large eggs
- 115g melted unsalted butter
- 65g Coconut flour
- 60ml Coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- Preheat your waffle iron to the desired temperature.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until the eggs are light and fluffy.
- Slowly pour the melted butter into the eggs while still mixing.
- Add the coconut flour, salt, baking powder and coconut milk to the bowl.
- Mix with your electric mixer on a slow speed for about 45 seconds until the batter thickens up.
- Ladle the batter into your preheated waffle iron and cook until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.
Hints and tips
Made too many? You can freeze these waffles between sheets of baking paper in an airtight container. Simply pop them in the toaster or microwave when you'd like to reheat them.
Don't have a waffle maker? You can also use this batter to make American-style fluffy pancakes.
Add some flavour!Why not try adding some ginger or cinnamon to your mix, or how about vanilla or cocoa? Play with your flavours and see which ones you love best.