Recipe: Summertime porridge
Introducing our cool and refreshing summertime porridge Overnight Noats. A perfect breakfast for hotter weather
Less than 10 minutes
Less than 7g of carbs per serving
- Gently cook half of the raspberries in a pan with the rose water and Erythritol (if you prefer your raspberries sweeter) until they form a puree. Leave the other half of the raspberries to one side.
- Pour half of the porridge into the bottom of a jam jar and add half of the milk. Stir well.
- Layer half of the raspberry puree and half of the fresh raspberries on top, then add half of the pistachio kernels.
- Add the rest of the porridge and milk, and gently stir.
- Add the remaining raspberry puree, raspberries and pistachios on top.
- Seal the jam jar and leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
Hints and tips
Try other flavour combos: If you mix your instant porridge with 150ml of milk of your choice and leave it to soak overnight, you can then add any flavour or topping that you love.
Mix up the milk: Try different types of milk for different flavours and textures. Almond milk will give a slight nutty flavour. Coconut milk gives a richer, more tropical vibe. Oat milk makes for a creamier breakfast.
Porridge whenever: We love making a big batch of this as it keeps really well in the fridge for 3-4 days. Then, when we want breakfast, a snack or a creamy dessert we can scoop out a few spoonfuls, add a topping and get munching.